Westport, CT - Near Net Zero Energy Farmhouse
Built to conform to LEED Gold standards, this house in Westport was featured on the 2014 Green Homes Tour. The owners, a family with children, sought to create an energy-efficient, right-sized home that met their needs on a budget. The design’s farmhouse-like simplicity and clarity of line conceals a series of systems, which make the house as responsive to the environment as is it is respectful of its New England setting.
- 46-panel 14Kw kW solar PV array
- HERS Index: 20
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- High-performance building envelope
- Energy Star home
- Home equipped for owner’s 100% electric vehicle
- Natural and sustainable building materials
- Oriented for solar heat gain
- Configured for optimal natural light
- Built on compact footprint; right-sized with multi-purpose spaces to meet family’s needs
- Size of project: 2,700 sq.ft.